If you have any queries, or would like to submit a later paper, please contact our team.
What are we looking for?
We are specifically seeking papers which address the following five areas:
- Simulations for decision-making during disruptive global events: complex Decision Support Systems are now a central need for decision-makers and commanders, enabled by supercomputing and AI/Big Data.
- Creating and measuring a resilient, high-fidelity, socially-distanced training capability: the pandemic disrupted training pipelines at the same time as militaries thinking how to transform training to adapt to today’s fast-changing threats. What does a resilient, high-fidelity, highly adaptable and complex training system look like?
- Addressing the training and technology gaps exposed in 2020: What are the emerging technology applications that allow you train what could not, and 2020 shows you should be?
- Dealing with the sensitivity of data used in training and analysis over remote training: every change of technology or its use brings new questions and challenges for safe and ethical use of training data – this is a must-know area for training system leaders.
- Developing ‘light’ versions of training technology to adapt to anticipated budget cuts: VR/AR/MR – use of commercial xR technologies is expanding exponentially, examples of technologies enabling affordable and highly immersive training and education.