The airport terminals are roughly 200 metres from the trade fair and congress grounds and can be reached comfortably by foot. There is also a direct S-Bahn connection to Stuttgart central station with the S2 and S3; Travel time: 27 minutes.
- Messe Stuttgart and the ICS International Congress Center Stuttgart are located 13 km from Stuttgart city centre and are in close proximity to Stuttgart Airport.
- Please follow the signs in the direction of 'Flughafen' (airport). Messe Stuttgart and the ICS are connected directly to the A8 and B27.
- Arrival on the A8
- From the Stuttgart direction exit the motorway at the Stuttgart/Degerloch junction and travel on the Messe and airport slip road. Then take the direct access road to the car park via the A8.
- If approaching from the Munich direction there is a direct exit from the A8 to the car park over the motorway just before the trade fair centre.
- Approaching on the B27 from Stuttgart/Tübingen
- Car parks can be accessed from both directions at the west perimeter of the trade fair and congress grounds. Or continue on the L 1192 into the car park over the A8.
Since 2008 driving bans have been imposed for certain vehicles in zones with high amounts of particulate matter. The zones are marked by the traffic sign "Umweltzone" (environmental zone). There is an environmental zone also in Stuttgart since 1 March 2008. It covers the entire city zone.
As Messe Stuttgart is located outside the Stuttgart city zone, you do not need an emissions sticker for a visit to the trade fair centre or congress center.
Please note, however, that an emissions sticker is required for a subsequent visit to the city or if staying overnight in the city zone.
Hub for international north/south and east/west routes. Stuttgart is connected directly to 13 European capitals via the rail network (ICE, IC, InterRegio). Stuttgart central station is located in the city centre, roughly 13 km from Stuttgart Airport and Messe Stuttgart.
Travel times in hours from/to:
Saarbrücken 2:0, Cologne 3:09, Dusseldorf 3:44, Hamburg 4:55, Kassel 2:50, Frankfurt 1:25, Hanover 3:41, Berlin 6:19, Dresden 6:39, Nuremberg 2:09, Munich 2:05.
From central station to the trade fair centre and congress center:
Travel on the S-Bahn S2 or S3 in the direction of Stuttgart Flughafen / Messe Stuttgart from Stuttgart central station. The journey time between Stuttgart central station and Messe Stuttgart is 27 minutes. The S-Bahn operates from the central station from 04.55 (or 05.25 on Sundays and public holidays) until 00.25 and runs every 10 to 20 minutes. From Flughafen / Messe Stuttgart in the direction of central station the suburban rail network operates between 05.08 (or 05.48 on Sundays and public holidays) and 00.08.