Exhibitors should be aware that the promotion, procurement or brokering of any item on display at IT²EC may require the granting of an export control and/or import license or other permissions from relevant government authorities. The promotion of items classed as Category A under the UK Export Control Order 2008 is prohibited at all Clarion Defence & Security Events.
This restriction applies to all forms of promotion, including the distribution of brochures or other promotional material from your stand which features images or details of any Category A goods, even if your company does not intend to market these goods at the event.
Category A goods include:
- Goods banned by the EU because of evidence of their use in torture.
- Restraints specially designed for restraining human beings.
- Riot control or self-protection devices designed or modified to administer an electric shock.
- Certain cluster munitions, including components.
- Hand-held spiked batons
- Certain cluster munitions, explosive sub munitions including components
- Land mines, anti-personnel mines and anti-material cartridges (Land mines act 1998)
Please note: Services in respect of the list of prohibited equipment are also prohibited.
If you are caught promoting Category A goods without a relevant export control and/or import license, you will be ejected from the event. UK companies or UK nationals involved in such activity may also face enforcement action from the relevant UK authorities.
For more information on the latest UK legislation, follow the links below: